Burn Permit Information

Public Notice 

Effective immediately a fire permit is required for all outside brush burning. Permits may be obtained through the office of the Fire Chief, from any Deputy Fire Warden, Wardens Report or though the Maine Forestry Website.

Campfires do not require a permit if burning in a completely enclosed fire pit not to exceed 36 inches in diameter and continuously monitored by an adult.

Saco River Fire Permits are available from the Fire Chief, Jockey Cap Store, or any campground in the Town of Fryeburg.

Burn Permit Information

To obtain a fire permit Click Here to obtain a free permit through the Wardens Report or  Click Here to obtain a permit with the State of Maine for a fee of $7.00. 

If you have any questions about open air burning, please contact the Fire Chief or any Deputy Fire Warden.