NEW LAW:FISHING FOR ANADROMOUS SPECIES OF FISH IN TIDAL WATERS.For more information please contact www.countmyfish.noaa.gov or call 888-674-7411.
Dog licenses expire on December 31.
If you do not license your dog before January 31 there will be a late charge of $25.00 starting on February 1st.
When you come to license your dog please make sure you have the rabies certificate and if its the first time you are licensing the dog and the dog has been neutured or spayed you need to show proof.
The Town of Fryeburg, Maine operates under the Town Meeting - Selectmen/Town Manager form of government. The Annual Town Meeting, is now held in June. The Board of Selectmen are the policy making board and appoint and work through the Town Manager who is charged with the day to day operation of the Town.
Maine Revised Statutes
Title 30-A: MUNICIPALITIES AND COUNTIES
Chapter 123: MUNICIPAL OFFICIALS
§2636. POWERS AND DUTIES OF TOWN MANAGER
1. Executive and administrative officer. Is the chief executive and administrative official of the town;
2. Administer offices. Is responsible to the selectmen for the administration of all departments and offices over which the selectmen have control;
3. Execute laws and ordinances. Shall execute all laws and ordinances of the town;
4. Department head. Shall serve in any office as the head of any department under the control of the selectmen when directed by the selectmen;
5. Appoint department heads. Shall appoint, subject to confirmation by the selectmen, supervise and control the heads of departments under the control of the selectmen when the department is not headed by the town manager under subsection 4;
6. Appoint town officals. Unless otherwise provided by town ordinance, shall appoint, supervise and control all town officials whom the municipal officers are required by law to appoint, except members of boards, commissions, committees and single assessors; and appoint, supervise and control all other officials, subordinates and assistants, except that the town manager may delegate this authority to a department head and report all appointments to the board of selectmen;
7. Purchasing agent. Shall act as purchasing agent for all departments, except the school department, provided that the town or the selectmen may require that all purchases greater than a designated amount must be submitted to sealed bid;
8. Attend meetings of selectmen. Shall attend all meetings of the board of selectmen, and the town manager may attend meetings when the manager's removal is being considered;
9. Make recommendations. Shall make recommendations to the board of selectmen for the more efficient operation of the town;
10. Attend town meetings. Shall attend all town meetings and hearings;
11. Inform of financial condition. Shall keep the board of selectmen and the residents of the town informed as to the town's financial condition;
12. Collect data. Shall collect data neccessary to prepare the budget;
13. Assist residents. Shall assist, insofar as possible, residents and taxpayers in discovering their lawful remedies in cases involving complaints of unfair vendor, administrative and governmental practices; and
14. Remove appointments. Has exclusive authority to remove for cause, after notice and hearing, all persons whom the manager is authorized to appoint and report all removals to the board of selectmen.
Laurie Griffin Polland
General Assistance Administrator/ Local Health Officer
Important Phone Numbers and Contact Information
Maine 211: Dial 211 for connections to health and human services in your community.
Maine Statewide Crisis: 1-888-568-1112
Community Concepts: 207-743-7716
Brownfield Food Pantry: 207-935-2333
Food Stamps: 1-888-593-9775
Department of Human Services: 1-888-593-9775
Alcoholics Anonymous: 1-800-737-6237
Maine Tobacco Hotline: 1-800-207-1230
Statewide Domestic Violence Helpline: 1-866-834-4357
Sexual Assault Support: 1-800-871-7741
Elder Abuse: 1-800-624-8084
Child Abuse: 1-800-452-1999
Suicide Prevention: 1-888-568-1112
Poison Control Center : 1-800-222-1222
Housing and Energy Services Programs: 1-800-866-5588